- Login to your YouTube account
- Click the drop down arrow next to your account name in the upper righthand corner
- Choose Video Manager from the options displayed
- Select the video you want to edit
- Click the drop down arrow next to the word Edit
- Choose Captions from the options displayed
- When the video opens on the right it will say Active Tracks with a box labeled English automatic captions already there.
- Click that box and the automatic captions with the time codes will display.
- Next, play your video.
- When you catch a mistake in the captioning, click on the words and retype them correctly.
- When finished, click Save a Copy. This creates a new caption track labeled as English.
- If you did not finish the editing, you can choose the English version the next time and continue where you left off. Then click on Save Changes.
- To view the captions, remember to choose the CC button and select English.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Editing YouTube AutoCaptions
Did you know that it is very easy to use YouTube's AutoCaptions feature (known for inaccuracy) to create correct closed captions for your own videos? If you have never done this, here are the steps: