Saturday, January 12, 2013

All ASL Episode Coming on Switched at Birth

ABCFamily has announced an episode of Switched at Birth that will be told entirely in American Sign Language coming Monday, March 4th. For those who don't know ASL, open captions will be presented. This episode will take place at Carlton School for the Deaf and will be told from the deaf characters' perspectives. On this season of Switched at Birth, the school is offering a pilot program to have hearing students attend. The ASL episode features a school uprising.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

I'm so excited! Thanks for sharing this, I hadn't even heard of it.

I'm a sign student so I'll get tons of receptive practice.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

@ Anonymous,
I think the captions are going to be open, so be sure to ignore them. You might also be interested in ASL Films which are available on DVD. On those you can watch them with English captions on or off.