Monday, November 1, 2010

Brief Update

Now that it's November, my time as Employee of the Month is over. It sure is hard to let the parking space go. It was very convenient getting to park close to the building on days I was running behind schedule!

This past month has been so busy. I looked at my kitchen's daily calendar today and it said October 3. Oops. I guess I've been busier than I realized. Since the end of September I've made two trips out east to spend time with family. I plan to write about those special memories on my blog soon. Another post to watch for will be my report on my experience buying a pair of eyeglasses online.

Someone who hasn't been overlooked in the craziness of the last month is dear old Rusty. My husband and I were at the hardware store recently buying a wheelbarrow kit when I spied this oversized teddy bear. I knew immediately Rusty would adore it. He had come with us to the store and was waiting in the parking lot. He hates riding in the car and I knew this furry friend would cheer him up enormously. When he saw me carrying it out to the car, his tail started wagging. He just knew it was meant for him. The two have been inseparable inside the house ever since.

I'm reading a hilarious book, Enslaved by Ducks, about pet ownership gone amok. I recommend it to anyone who needs a good laugh. It certainly makes my life appear sane by comparison.


What's been going on with you?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Awww cute. Love the pic of Rusty. And that month soon went quickly didn't it.

kim said...

That is a cute picture of Rusty. He's an adorable dog. Tomorrow morning I'm going to learn how to drive our Library 2 Go! van. I hope I don't crash it!

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

Dearest friend,
I have told you for YEARS that Rusty needed a sibling!