Thursday, October 28, 2010

Photo Fun: Scarecrows pt. 1

"Ninja Scarecrow"


"Brownie Girl Saves the Earth"

I love her bucket head, oversized black
glasses, and long straw hair. Fabulous!

"A Scarecrow for Every Brownie"

For the 7th year in a row, local Girl Scout troops have decorated scarecrows and placed them on display at the Morton Arboretum. This year 33 scarecrows adorn the trail around Meadow Lake.

Visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite. The winning troop earns an overnight outing at the arboretum and the second place troop wins a badge tour. There's no online voting option, so you have to visit in person to place your vote. But for those who can't make it there, I am happy to share my photos and then you can comment here on which one is your favorite.

I didn't snap all 33 but I did get a wide variety as you'll see. I've included the scouts' titles for their scarecrows in quotation marks for those I've been able to identify from memory and the flyer I brought home. In my final post, I'll reveal the scarecrow that got my vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Ninja!!